The LaptopNeeds Project
Welcome Guest! Please log in or sign up. Please note that when you are a guest visiting this forum, you cannot view all of the categories and some of the posts, such as the downloads. Please register to gain the most out of this foum.
The LaptopNeeds Project
Welcome Guest! Please log in or sign up. Please note that when you are a guest visiting this forum, you cannot view all of the categories and some of the posts, such as the downloads. Please register to gain the most out of this foum.
The LaptopNeeds Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CURRENT RELEASE: LaptopNeeds Refurbished

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andyvand
Admin
andyvand

Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Empty
PostSubject: Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:36 am

Should work for all ALC861-VD based cards including the ATI SB450 HDEF audio controller.
It offers you:
- Built-in speakers
- Built-in microphone
- External speakers/headphones
- External microphone
It matches to the audio controllers class rather than the vendor + device id combination.
For enabling it without HDAEnabler either contact me or look at the EFI fixes section...
Download ALC861-VD HDEF audio driver
Back to top Go down
SaCleoCheater
Admin
SaCleoCheater

PostSubject: Thanks   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks for this, I will integrate immediately and replace installer.pkg with this inside.

Cheers, just in time too
Cleo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://laptopneeds.board-directory.net
jjduro

jjduro

PostSubject: ALC861   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Andy,
This is my first post so let me tell you I really like the forum's NeXTStep look Smile
Next, I'd like to ask you if it's possible to upgrade the existing ALC861 (no VD) made by Taruga, if I send you a codec dump?

I'm having some problems with it. It doesn't work inside the EFi Boot partition, the built-in microphone is a bit dead, same with the headphones and external microphone.
And I can't use the Fn keys to lower or raise the volume... but I thinks that's an ACPI problem... probably.
Thanks!
jjduro
Back to top Go down
andyvand
Admin
andyvand

PostSubject: Re: Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:24 pm

jjduro wrote:
Hi Andy,
This is my first post so let me tell you I really like the forum's NeXTStep look Smile
Next, I'd like to ask you if it's possible to upgrade the existing ALC861 (no VD) made by Taruga, if I send you a codec dump?

I'm having some problems with it. It doesn't work inside the EFi Boot partition, the built-in microphone is a bit dead, same with the headphones and external microphone.
And I can't use the Fn keys to lower or raise the volume... but I thinks that's an ACPI problem... probably.
Thanks!
jjduro
Yes but also send me the patched kext (for codec nr info etc...)
Also if possible install VoodooHDA for a moment and use the getdump utility (compile getdump.c...) for a more complete and easier to use proper codec dump...
As for the function keys to raise or lower the volume... this works for my laptop with VoodooPS2...
I can't guarantee the built-in mic or external mic will work properly (still experimenting with my own for it...) but headphones = no problem...
If I thus have a complete pathmap dump + the Taruga example it is easy to mod a newer style AppleHDA driver properly...
You may mail them to me at andyvand@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
jjduro

jjduro

PostSubject: Re: Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:29 pm

andyvand wrote:

As for the function keys to raise or lower the volume... this works for my laptop with VoodooPS2...

Well, unfortunately, it doesn't with my Asus F3JC Sad
I've sent what you asked.
Thanks very much for your help.
Back to top Go down
andyvand
Admin
andyvand

PostSubject: Re: Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:12 pm

jjduro wrote:
Probably the scancode is different for the function keys...
If you can get me the scancodes for those keys (nicely laid out in a text file in the style of function: <tab> 0xXX <enter> style list I could mod VoodooPS2 for you...)
You can use Linux with dumpkey(s) under terminal to get the scancodes...
Then it is an easy match...
Let me know...
Back to top Go down
jjduro

jjduro

PostSubject: Re: Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:37 pm

andyvand wrote:
jjduro wrote:
Probably the scancode is different for the function keys...
If you can get me the scancodes for those keys (nicely laid out in a text file in the style of function: <tab> 0xXX <enter> style list I could mod VoodooPS2 for you...)
You can use Linux with dumpkey(s) under terminal to get the scancodes...
Then it is an easy match...
Let me know...

Presently I'm having some issues with the Linux installation under GUID+Chameleon2+Boot Partition. Do you think I can get the scancodes with a live cd? Never Mind, I'm reading about it Smile
And where do I get a How to, to make the List?
I have a few days vacation time, so I can learn it out.
Once again, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it because I know you are a very busy guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...   Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realtek ALC861-VD AppleHDA audio driver...
Page 1 of 1